“I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.”
– George Petrie, The Auburn Creed
Who We Are
Many students experience difficulties during college, either due to academic or personal reasons. Common stressors include medical, mental health, personal or family crisis, illness, or injury. These life events can interfere with a student’s ability to attain their goals, both inside and outside the classroom.
Auburn Cares is designed to support students throughout their college career in order to best achieve their academic and co-curricular goals. Our staff work collaboratively with students to identify resources and develop personal action plans. We support and empower our students to take action and advocate on their own behalf.
Students can be referred to Auburn Cares by faculty/staff, family, or other students when they have a concern regarding a student’s welfare. Students can also self-refer in order to access support and assistance. Our goal is to help students avert more serious difficulties and attain academic and personal success.
Services We Offer
- Help students find campus and community resources
- Support students with mental health matters and connect them with mental health providers
- Support students during times of sickness or injury
- Assist students during times of financial difficulty
- Work with students to solve problems and help with crisis management
Last modified: December 11, 2020